Sunday, July 6

Harvest time in the Dordogne



I have often commented on how my life has changed when I moved to France. Before my cycles were those of a busy corporate and urban life -- social seasons, cocktail parties, business agendas, business breakfasts/lunches/dinners, flying all over the world, living from a suitcase and hoping for a good view from the hotel window, airports, filofaxes -- in fact, an exciting and full and rewarding life and one that I will never regret having experienced.


But here, in the tranquil scenery of the Dordogne, my cycles are those of nature --- as the river flows past the chateau -- underneath my bedroom window -- it is almost as if life itself is dictated by its pace. I watch the farmers chug-chug along until past midnight on their little red tractors ploughing the fields, I watch them sow their seeds and I watch the plants grow, and then, a few times a year, I watch them harvest their crops --- and I love it!


It feels like yesterday when I came across a field where the hay had just been cut and and lay gleaming like gold in the summer sun. And even though this is now a sight that I come across often, every time I drive along the little country roads and come across yet another field that has just been harvested, it takes my breath away!

Breathtakingly beautiful!



Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event

  • Relocation Orientation in France



  • Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...