Friday, May 4

Summer planting in the Dordogne


I mentioned that I greet the sun from the terrace every morning. Ever since I learned my first yoga years ago in a gorgeous retreat in the County Mayo, Ireland, I have tried to keep up the morning ritual of greeting the sun. The Chateau's terrace must be the most perfect spot from where to greet the sun in the mornings -- and of course, bid it farewell with a glass of beautiful red wine at sunset!

At the Flower market in Lalinde on 1 May, I bought fresh plants for the pots on the terrace -- nothing elaborate this year -- only Verbena hortensis and geraniums, but bright pinks and purples and reds which will complement the shutters and stone walls and should stand up well to the expected heat this summer. Around the pool I have also succumbed to the riot of colour the Impatience gives and these should look lovely with the lavender and the mass of dahlias I have growing there already. Nowhere near the prize winning garden of Josette, but not a bad place from where all the guests who are renting the chateau this summer can enjoy the Dordogne river and the Chateau terrace!


Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event

  • Relocation Orientation in France






  • Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...