Friday, May 4

Sharing the Chateau with a cat




Le Chat du Chateau, La Contessa di Duci, is an absolute delight --- if and when she feels like it. After all, she IS a cat....

She was thrilled with my purchases of woven cloth that I bought in the medina in Fez ---- so much so that I have not been allowed to take them out of the suit case. I suppose she realizes that the Little Black Number she wears goes beautifully with the
bright vivid colours which she loves as much as I do.

One of her many endearing - and exasperating - little idiosyncracies is to carry things to my room during the night, and every morning when I wake up and go downstairs to make coffee and greet the sun from the terrace, I have to make my way through the obstacle course of treasures she has collected for me during the night from cupboards, table tops, slightly open drawers, bedside tables in guest rooms.

This morning was a humdinger:
On the first floor I found:
One plastic bag with my laptop transformer
One blue sock from the washing basket
One airline complimentary toilet bag






On the second floor I found:
One silk scarf from my dressing room
One padded satin coat hanger
One small beaded African basket
One hammam 'gommage' glove
One knitted woollen bed sock




I think she is trying to tell me she too would like to visit some friends in Fez!



Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event

  • Relocation Orientation in France






  • Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...