Sunday, March 4

The Joys and Thrills of living in a chateau on the Dordogne River



One of the most enjoyable and fascinating things about living in a chateau on the Dordogne River, is to watch the Dordogne River change from one season to the next -- even from one week to the next. Only a short while ago I reported on the river being at an all time low, and last night I woke up to a sound I had never heard before from my chateau window-- crashing waves against the walls of the chateau!

According to the news there is a concern about the rivers flooding, especially as we still have some way to go before the period when the snows melt on the mountains and when the rivers usually reach their highest levels. Continuous rains have caused many rivers to flow well beyond their normal levels.

And it was only two weeks ago when I was in the Anjou, attending a French total immersion course there and staying in the delightful Chanzé Chateau, I marvelled at the quick rise and fall of the Layon River which meandered past the foot of the chateau. Then, driving back through the country side, I was amazed at the amount of water lying in the fields and in low-lying areas, often far aweay from a river or stream. So much water everywhere!







Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event



  • TAGS:



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...