Wednesday, January 17

A Brand New 007-ish kind of year!


After a looooong absence – I note my last entry was on 5 December!, I am finally back in the land of the living blogs! – and it is good to see all my regular and loyal readers still out there!
I wish you all a brilliant new year…….
This is going to be a good one ---
It HAS to be a good one….
It WILL be a good one!

So – where were you to see the old year out?

I always thought the big bash on New Year’s Eve was a bit of a damp squib, most of the time. Much more a night to reminisce and perhaps feel a little rueful or sad or nostalgic. Celebrating on the actual New Year’s Day makes much more sense to me…


Anyway – this New Year’s Eve I had the good fortune to be in THE in-place to be for the event – along with everyone who is anyone – and, although so NOT in that category in my books, even Hilton Paris-- or Paris Hilton – whatever – was there. Yes! The beautiful City of light and luminosity, fireworks and festivities – Sydney!
It was magnificent! The
huge bats
in the botanical gardens might not have approved, and Mrs Macquarie might have shaken her head in bemusement, and the silly neon coat hanger on the harbour Bridge (No! NOT the Coat Hanger! Please!) might have looked just that – silly, but the atmosphere of excitement all day in the city as people queued up for kilometres and hour after hour to get a good vantage point from where to watch the display, the smiles and goodwill and sense of fun and anticipation – the general wonderful feeling in the air in Sydney on the 31st of December 2006, was something to be experienced!

And the fireworks? Splendiforous! Spectacular! Superb! One just had to forget for a moment how many people could have been fed, or housed or clothed with the AU$4 000 000+ that the pyrotechnics cost the city, fill up another glass of champagne, wipe away the last few caviar crumbs, and enjoy! 2007 started with a Big Bang for me and I fully intend for it to continue that way! I do hope for you too!


Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event



  • TAGS:



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...