Thursday, January 25

Does one insure against Apprentice Pirates?

I just had to add a little post on the Wreckers' party on the beaches at Branscombe - across the channel this week!
While I have been sitting here racking my brain 1) whether I should insure - at exorbitant prices - pieces of furniture, a couple of valuable and beautiful paintings and other bits and pieces left by my father and which I am having shipped from South Africa, and 2) if I do decide to insure - at exorbitant cost - those bits and pieces, where would I find the money to pay for that insurance, the containers that had washed up on the beach in England were being looted and pillaged -- containers that contained goods which were being shipped back to South Africa!
Hundreds of scavengers swooped onto the beach at Branscombe in southwest England on Monday and carted away motorcycles (-- 17 brand new BMW bikes -- with fuel in the tanks and the keys in the ignition -- to be driven away!!), wine barrels, car parts and tennis shoes and household possessions being moved to new homes -- which had spilled from a container ship damaged in recent storms and listing about a mile off shore.
The British cargo ship was deliberately run aground close to the Devonshire resort of Sidmouth, 165 miles southwest of London after it was damaged during a storm Thursday. Its crew of 26 was rescued.
One woman on the scene made the reamrk: "People should be able to be allowed to take what they like. It is clearing up the beach, and it is part of the beach culture,'' said one woman who carried away some carpet. She refused to give her name to reporters, but said she would report the find as the law required. Yeah! As if!


So -- should I insure? Well -- first I have to decide whether I believe something like this would happen a second time -- say -- in six months............



Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event



  • TAGS:



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...