Tuesday, April 3

The swans are back on the Dordogne

Photograph: Suzanna Clarke

What joy it is to see the swans back on the Dordogne River, in front of the Chateau Lalinde, -- back from their winter sojourn in the warmer climes of the South!
The first pair has come back home and taken residence in the same spot where they spent last summer -- amongst the trees on the other side of the river, across from the Chateau.
Last summer not a single pair of swans bred and no babies were born -- a mystery still.... I am hoping that they will breed again this year and produce their lovely little cygnets -- and I promise all my readers who have followed the swan stories in the past, that I shall keep you informed of developments -- as I, myself, will be watching them avidly - but discreetly -- and only calling them for their daily ration of the crispy French bread that they love so much!

Photograph: Suzanna Clarke


Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event



  • TAGS:



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...