Thursday, September 14

The Lazy Tour of two Idle Apprentices......

Every now and then I have a look at who it is out there that reads my blog, which countries they come from and what it was that they looked for when they stumbled across my blog -- and time and again I come across the most fascinating referring urls or search words used by the readers.
Such was the case this afternoon. I noticed that a reader in Tianjin, China

City : Tianjin
Lat/Long : 39.1422, 117.1767 (Map)
Distance : 5,179 miles
Language Chinese (China)
zh-cn

This reader had spent an exceptionally long time reading the blog. This caught my eye -- and I found myself wondering what someone in China found so interesting on my blog and that kept him or her occupied for such a long time. The search engine used was google and the search words were mair furniture viaduct. The plot thickens!
The referring URL was of course also the entry into the blog:

Visit Entry Page http://chateaulalind...lalinde_archive.html, the Visit Exit Page http://chateaulalind...me-for-jams-and.html and the Out Click French Entree site http://www.frenchent....com/france-dordogne........
All this I found intriguing, and I do not know about you, but would LOVE to know why those specific three search words and ........

Well, unless my friend in Tianjin Lat/Long:39.1422,117.1767,Distance:5,179 miles sends me the answer to all those questions, I doubt that I shall ever know!

BUT -- go back a step and have a look at the referring URL! There I came across the following: the World Book Library , and of course had to go have a look -- and what a title for a book! The Lazy Tour of two idle Apprentices. I have to humbly admit that I had never heard of this Dickens' story before. Where has it been hidden all these years? And a great story it is too!

"..........Between Francis and Thomas, however, there was this difference of character: Goodchild was laboriously idle, and would take upon himself any amount of pains and labour to assure himself that he was idle; in short, had no better idea of idleness than that it was useless industry. Thomas Idle, on the other hand, was an idler of the unmixed Irish or Neapolitan type; a passive idler, a born-and- bred idler, a consistent idler, who practised what he would have preached if he had not been too idle to preach; a one entire and perfect chrysolite of idleness......."
But no more! Go treat yourself and open the link and read for yourself! A delightful tale of idleness for an idle late summer afternoon.........



谢谢百万次! Mr/Mrs Reader in Tianjin, China! And please do let us know the these questions!





Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event



  • TAGS:



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...