Sunday, April 30

A snake in the grass can be the preferred option!



After telling everyone that the way to enjoy the wonderful Perigordien food but also stay slim -- like French women do, is to walk everywhere and all the time, I set off on one of my own favourite walks yesterday evening, and came across this most beautiful specimen of a Couleuvre verte et jaune.

I had to laugh at the irony of it -- because, almost immediately after I posted the article about Perigordien feasts and slim French women , one of my readers was very quick to point out to me that it is all fine and well to say we should walk for exercise, but there is so much dog pooh everywhere in our towns and villages, that walking has become a hazardous passtime. I poo-poohed (forgive me the bad pun) the comment with a typical French shrug of the shoulders and a puff of the lips, and replied: "Bof! Et alors, go walk in the beautiful countryside then as I do -- there is nothing there that can offend or worry you!"

La couleuvre verte et jaune lives mostly in the southern parts of France. I was lucky to get a close up shot of him and could see his gorgeous colouring beautifully -- the yellow and greenish black glistening in the last sun rays of the day. They measure between 110 and 130 cm. The females lay their eggs towards the end of June and the little ones are born around mid-August. The young ones eat insects and small lizards while the adults eat mice, rats, birds and other snakes.
So -- all round a much more pleasant encounter on a healthy walk than the land mines left behind by the French canine species!




Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event



  • TAGS:



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...