Tuesday, June 24

The first swan babies in three years!



In several articles over the last three years I have been commenting on the swans on the Dordogne River flowing past the Chateau Lalinde. In the last two articles, it was expressing my concern about the absence of offspring and wondering whether the climate change or pollution of the river had anything to do with the swans not breeding for two years running.

It was therefore with great joy that I noticed a swan couple with their little family on the gabarre pond on the Canal de Lalinde last week -- and the first opportunity I had I went along to take photographs of the family -- and what a pleasure! The proud parents were only too pleased to have me take a family portrait, showing off their young with pride and joy!

Unfortunately I still do not know what has stopped the swans from breeding for two years, but one pair with five offspring is most certainly very good news!


Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event

  • Relocation Orientation in France



  • Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...