Saturday, November 28

System Upgrade

Its been one of those weeks where I have spenmt more time in the office than out on the road as the firm is changing over onto a new system for the taking and dispatch of taxi fares to the driver.

The new system uses GPS technology together with a PDA , internet and a mobile phone network allowing the taxi driver to work in a safer environment without having to use a two way radio.

We have been phasing this technolgy in for a few week and the drivers seem very happy about it. However, it has meant me spending a lot of time in the office dealing with this and I guess the same is to come for the next few weeks and trherefore it means that not as many storys can be told if I`m not out on the road to hear them so bear with me til things get back to normal. I`ll try and keep you updated with latest events.

Meanwhile, you can now book your cab by text message or you can do it on line at the website www.838383.co.uk
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...