Monday, October 26

Counting the pennies

It seems to me that this is not a one off thing but a regular occurrence between most drivers and their customers. Usually its a bunch of young lads or girls and its the same routine everytime.

At the end of the journey you ask for the fare. In last nights example the fare was £4.50p so I would have thought it would be easy for the fare to hand over a £5 note and I give her 50p change but no......

I`m parked up in the Town Centre whilst these girls take a good 4 minutes to start counting out their money to pay me. After adding up all the small change it comes to £4.10p and they had the cheek to ask if £4.10p will do for the fare as they dont want to break into a note.

"No it wont do.. The fares £4.50 and thats what you pay" is what I said.

"But I don't want to split ionto a £5 note" was the reply from this girl.

In the end she paid with a £5 but it annoys me to think that they get a taxi into town and want to use their loose change to pay for it as they don`t want to break into a banknote. I don`t mind the loose change but when they try and pay you less than the fare when they have the means to pay is not on.

You know whats next. They go into a pub and have no change so what do they do. pay with a note and I bet they dont try and say to the bar staff that they are 30p short for a drink.

At the other end of the scale I dont mind letting someone off with 10 or 20p p their way home if they get in the cab and ask how far can they get for their money but when they are going into town for a night out then it doesn't wash with me,. If they've got money for their night out then they have money for the fare into town.

Maybe I should go into my local pub tonight and order a pint and then haggle the price... I know what they would say...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...