Wednesday, June 27

Where are the swans?

It is with great concern that I look out my window every morning. Is this the effect of global warming?

Last year I commented on the large number of swans -- most days I counted 170 swans on this side of the Lalinde bridge -- but that there was not a single breeding pair.
I was wondering then whether they knew anything that we don't.

But the news gets worse. This year there are not even a dozen swans above or below the Lalinde bridge. Where have they all gone? Why are they not returning to their old haunts? The fact that there were no cygnets last season, does that mean there are no swans this year?

There is only one couple in front of the chateau this year-- and the good news is that they seem to have made a nest behind the trees on the opposite bank. I am hoping that they will breed this year!

I shall keep my eye on them -- so watch this space for further updates!

The swan couple below my window this morning


Related articles:
Swans on the Dordogne River
Climate change in France
The swans are back
Dordogne swans in the news in Oz


Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event

  • Relocation Orientation in France



  • Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...