Sunday, August 6

Life in the fast lane

I suppose, with all my ritzing around the countryside in my gorgeous little Gilded Lily, it was inevitable that I would attract the attention of a speed camera every now and then. And the day has finally arrived when the first of my -- I trust not too many -- notices has arrived with a "plop!" in my mail box.
After finding my glasses -- definitely never an exercise that will be fined for speeding! -- and after about an hour of trying to translate and understand the notice, I discovered that the infraction had been committed TWO days before I received the missive! -- and there I was waiting, with baited breath, the notice for a flashing camera of ten months ago, another of six months ago and another of three months ago. --- Does this mean those earlier ones will now not arrive? I tend to think that a relaxation of the nervous tension that accompanies the waiting for speed fines in this country, would probably be a little unwise, as some of my friends here have waited up to 14 months for their notices to arrive!

But TWO days between the crime and the sentence! That must surely be a record -- and one that could only have been broken if the postal delivery truck had, itself, broken some serious speeding restrictions!
And true to Liberté, Egalité et Fraternité, the notice gives me four choices.
I can contest the fine (which, after my last experience of doing that I will not do --- as that at that time the magistrate decided that I had wasted his time in court and thus increased my fine from a mere £80 to £385 and my loss of points from one to three), or I can pay €90 immediately (over the internet!), or wait 15 days and then pay €135, or better still, wait 45 days and then pay €376! Is there a choice to make in amongst all that?
I bit the bullet straight away and paid the €90 -- and oh yes! Did I mention? One point off my licence. Considering the fact that I am still driving on my British licence, I suppose that is not worth losing too much sleep over. After all, the entire exercise meant that I got one friend to Bordeaux airport in time, and was still home in time for a sunset swim.......




Click on Link:

  • Chateau Lalinde : The perfect venue for your event



  • TAGS:



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...